When I started following the blog Little Green Notebook I quickly realized that unique pieces of statement furniture could be mine with some patience and amateur DIY skills. I purchased this dresser from Kijiji years ago for $15. I decided it was the perfect piece to test my makeover project on, since it didn’t really matter to me if it completely failed. Luckily, I’m pretty happy with the results :)
First I dismantled and cleaned the entire dresser. Then I sanded it (not down to the bare wood, but just enough so the surface was rough), primed (not pictured) using SICO’s GoPrime water-based primer and then applied the first coat. I applied two more coats after that, using SICO’s water-based interior paint in Sparkling Blue.
And voila! This project cost me about $60 total for supplies. I spent a full day painting the dresser and an afternoon spray painting the hardware + putting the dresser back together. I can’t say that I’ll now be a dedicated DIYer, and this project would have been easier if I had a garage, but otherwise it was fun and I learned lessons along the way :)