I love classic recipes. I enjoy knowing that if I want to bake a staple item like a chocolate cake or blueberry muffins, I have a reliable, delicious recipe on hand. These brownies fall into that category. For me, they are perfect! Crisp on top & soft inside – these are amazing. And they’re one of the only recipes I (almost) know by heart! I got these babies from inside a black apple, and I’m so happy she posted them.
1 stick butter (8 tbsp)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 c flour
1/2 c cocoa
1. Preheat Oven to 390
2. Melt butter in medium-sized pot over stove
3. Remove butter from heat, let cool about a minute, then add sugars (use the pot as your bowl…it saves you more dishes). Mix well.
4. Add eggs, flour, cocoa, salt, and generous tablespoon-splash of vanilla, and mix well.
5. Line 8” baking dish (I use a glass one) with parchment, pour in batter, and pop in oven.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, I test with a knife in the center and remove when only a few little crumbs cling to the knife.
7. Cool one hour or overnight.